125g unsalted butter at room temperature
300g sifted icing sugar
couple of drops of peppermint extract
Couple of tbsps milk
50g dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- With an electric whisk, beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy.
- Bit by bit beat in the icing sugar until it is thoroughly combined.
- Add the peppermint essence and beat in.
- If needed beat in a little milk to make the consistency a little smoother.
- Stir through the chopped dark chocolate if using. Chill the frosting for at least 20 minutes before using.