This is enough to frost 12 mini cupcakes
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature.
250g icing sugar
50g praline. For my method look here.
2 tsp amaretto
pinch of salt
- Break the praline up into smaller pieces then place in a food processor and pulse until it is broken down into a fine powder. Don't worry too much if you're left with some slightly larger pieces - they will add a nice crunch to the frosting.
- With an electric whisk beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes should do it.
- Next sieve in the icing sugar, a little at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition and taking care not to cover your kitchen in clouds of sugar!
- Now add you amaretto or almond extract and beat in.
- Finally add the powdered praline and the salt and combine thoroughly. Chill slightly before use.