This recipe is totally inspired by the Bounty chocolate bar but far less sweet. I started off with a standard vanilla cupcake batter but added coconut cream and dessicated coconut to help the flavour along.
1 quantity of vanilla cupcake batter
75ml coconut cream
4tbsp dessicated coconut
100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas 4 and place 8 muffin/cupcake cases in to the muffin tin.
- Make up the basic cake batter but before you add the flour beat in the coconut cream for about 20 seconds then add the dessicated coconut along with the flour.
- Place a dollop of mix into each paper case then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over gently simmering water. When the chocolate is completely melted carefully spoon it on top of the cupcakes taking care to not let any drip out over the cake cases (there should be a small lip between the cake and the case.
- Top in chocolate covered cupcake with a sprinkle of coconut then leave to set hard.