1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
14g fast action dried yeast
4 tbsp olive oil
approx 600-700ml warm water
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the oil, Using a butter knife or your hands start to bring the ingredients together. Gradually add the water, little by little, until you have a rough dough. You may not use all the water or you may need to add a little more. Knead the dough in between each addition.
- Once you have a rough dough turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes or until you have a smooth springy dough.
- Place dough in a bowl, cover with lightly oiled cling film then leave in a warm place to rise for about and hour or so.
- In the mean time combine all the topping ingredients in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Cover and set to one side until needed.
- Once the dough has risen uncover it, knock it back and divide into your required number of portions. I split mine into four balls. One ball will make one 25cm deep pan pizza or two 25cm thin crust pizzas.